1 Eggnog or hot chocolate? Don't like chocolate, but I do have a small glass of Eggnog around the holidays!
2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He use to wrap most presents but big items like bikes he hid in the closet.
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white? I like white lights
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put your Christmas decorations up? When I got real trees just 2 weeks before Christmas but since I got a fake one usually Thanksgiving weekend.
6. Favorite holiday dish? Candied Yams
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? So many to choose from. When we were young we would celebrate Christmas Day in San Diego, La Jolla with my Mom's family.
8. When did you learn the truth about Santa? At 4 or 5
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open just one on Christmas Eve. I have friends that only celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve.
10. How do you decorate a tree? Country ornaments
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I love looking at it from a distance. Right now I can see snow in our mountains out my window here at work in Arcadia.
12. Can you ice skate? I use to love to ice skate. I would be too afraid now to try it.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Barbie Doll
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Spending time with my family and friends.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pumpkin Cheesecake and Pecan Pie
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Opening presents at the break of dawn and then dinner on Christmas Day.
17. What tops your tree? Lady with a beautiful dress.
18. Which do you prefer-Giving or Receiving? Giving
19. Favorite Christmas song? Mel Torme's The Christmas Song
20. Candy Canes-Yuck or Yum? Yum
21. Favorite Christmas show? Saturday Night Live Christmas
22. Saddest Christmas song? I am not a Christmas music person at all so I am not sure?
I was always so fascinated that a Mel Torme a Jew wrote a Christmas song! As I said in my meme answers I am not into Christmas music but this song I just love. He was dubbed "Velvet Fog" Blessed with impeccable timing and a smooth, mellow timbre, Mel Tormé was known during his heyday as "The Velvet Fog." Tormé was the consummate entertainer: as a drummer, singer, composer, arranger, lyricist, writer and actor, his career spanned nearly the entire 20th century of American pop culture. Of course, underlying it all was an intuition for jazz composition and vocal phrasing.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Mine is a working weekend. Tonight we will go out to dinner at Don Cuco's Mexican Restaurant and on Sunday Joe and I have a improv show at the Upright Citizens Brigade after I get off work.